Sanctuary’s purpose is to glorify God by building an authentic body of Christ followers who are faithfully proclaiming the gospel and being transformed by its power to live and love like Jesus.
OVERVIEW OF OUR PURPOSE, VALUES & VISION
Core values are the foundational tenets that intentionally guide the decisions and direction at Sanctuary. Our core values are based on biblical convictions and a commitment to valuing what God values. Scripture informs our philosophy of ministry, our leadership principles and structure, our collective priorities, and our actions with everyone we encounter.
These biblically-based core values shape our vision and purpose of ministry. Where the Great Commission (Matt. 28:18-20) defines the mission of The Church and is solid, unchanging, and steadfast, our vision reflects our growing understanding of God’s specific purpose for Sanctuary. It describes our aspirations and the desired outcomes of living out these values.
is to be transformed by the gospel to live and love like Jesus
is to glorify God by building an authentic body of Christ followers who are faithfully proclaiming the Gospel
is to “equip the saints for work of the ministry” through corporate worship, family ministries, group life, service & outreach.
OUR DESIRED FUTURE
to be Disciples who are making Disciples where we Live, Work, Play, and even to the Ends of the Earth
Sanctuary’s Values & Vision
TO GLORIFY GOD
- We exist to glorify God (Rom. 11:36), who is to be exalted in all our thoughts, words, and deeds (Col. 3:17).
- Jesus is the author and finisher of our faith (Heb. 12:2), who is worthy of all our praise (Col. 1:15-20).
- We love God because He first loved us (1 John 4:19), and we live by faith in response to what Jesus has already accomplished through his life, death, and resurrection (Rom. 12:1).
- To glorify God in all that we do, both privately and corporately, so that He is authentically and passionately worshiped.
- To hunger and thirst for intimate personal relationship with Jesus through desperate, prayer-filled living and reliance on the Holy Spirit.
- To surrender our lives to God so that we delight in Him supremely.
BY BUILDING AN AUTHENTIC BODY OF CHRIST FOLLOWERS
- We are to devote ourselves to genuine fellowship, sacrificial giving, earnest prayer, spiritual unity, and compassionate service, as modeled by the early church (Acts 2:42-47).
- We are called to pursue meaningful relationships, meet regularly as the Body of Christ, and encourage one another (Heb. 10:24-25).
- We are commanded to go and make disciples and call people to obediently follow Christ (Matt. 28:19-20).
- To invest in people and relationships so that marriages are redeemed, families are restored, the downcast are encouraged, the addicted are freed, the prodigals are returned, and lives are transformed by the power of Christ.
- To build open, honest and genuine relationships – shared lives as we serve beside, lean on, pray, laugh, and cry with each other – forgiving and holding one another accountable as we learn and grow together.
- To intentionally seek out others with the truth of the Gospel, drawing people to Jesus in humility and love.
WHO ARE FAITHFULLY PROCLAIMING THE GOSPEL
- The Gospel, the good news of Jesus coming to save us from our sins, is the central message of the Bible (Luke 24:27)and the foundation of the Church (1 Cor. 15:3-4).
- The Bible compels us to be witnesses for Christ through the power of the Holy Spirit (Acts 1:8) and to live worthy of the Gospel (Phil. 1:27; Eph. 4:1; Col. 1:10; 2 Thess. 1:11-12).
- We believe that the power of the Gospel radically changes everything (Rom. 1:16) – lives, churches and communities – and enables us to love God and our neighbors (Matt 22:37-39).
- To faithfully teach the Bible, declaring the whole counsel of God without apology.
- To proclaim and demonstrate the life-transforming power of the Gospel through word and deed, for our families, church, neighborhoods, and the world.
- To call people to repentance and to anchor their lives to the Gospel so that their attitudes, desires, and character begin to conform to the likeness of Christ.
AND ARE BEING TRANSFORMED BY ITS POWER
- We believe that being transformed into the image of Christ is the intended outcome of the Gospel (2 Cor. 3:18; Rom. 8:29).
- We believe that sanctification is a process of spiritual renewal whereby God reshapes our thinking and, by grace, enables us to turn from sin and obey His righteous commands (Rom. 6:11-14; Rom. 12:1-2; 1 Pet. 1:13-16).
- We are in awe of God and depend on His work, which requires a cooperative and receptive spirit, to fulfill His purpose in us (Phil. 2:12-13).
- To live in complete dependence on Christ, for His glory and our sanctification.
- To earnestly pursue holiness by forsaking worldliness and all sinful ambitions and desires.
- To trust in the transformational power of the Gospel by embracing God’s means of grace and engaging in the spiritual disciplines.
TO LIVE AND LOVE LIKE JESUS
- Jesus Christ is our Savior and Lord and we are called to follow Him and to be like Him (Acts 2:36; Mark 1:17).
- Jesus calls us to take up our cross daily and to surrender our lives to Him (Luke 14:27-29), confident that the joy of knowing Christ far surpasses the cost to follow Him (Phil 3:7-10).
- God desires that we imitate Jesus (1 Cor. 11:1; Eph. 5:1).
- To live in complete surrender to the will of God like Jesus did.
- To love God and people like Jesus does.
- To go and make disciples, teaching others to live and love like Jesus.